Today, Peacock unleashed the trailer for their upcoming YA supernatural series, THE GIRL IN THE WOODS. The series from Crypt TV is about a mysterious door in the woods that leads to a terrifying monster dimension, will drop all eight episodes at once on October 21st. Watch the trailer and get more info down below.
From The Press Release
- The new Peacock Original, THE GIRL IN THE WOODS, is a supernatural YA drama about a mysterious door in the woods that leads to a terrifying monster dimension. It features Carrie (Stefanie Scott, “Insidious: Chapter 3”) a teenage runaway who’s anything but ordinary as she faces her demons and bonds with two new friends Nolan (Misha Osherovich, “Freaky”) and Tasha (Sofia Bryant, “I Am Not Okay with This”) to fight back.
- THE GIRL IN THE WOODS launchesThursday, October 21 on Peacock. All eight episodes will drop at once.
- Set in the Pacific Northwest, THE GIRL IN THE WOODS follows Carrie’s escape from her mysterious, cult-like colony that guards the world from monsters hidden behind a secret door within the woods. The series also touches on contemporary social issues like LGBTQ+ discrimination, the human cost of environmentalism and the consequences of inequality.
- Produced by Crypt TV, the global multi-media company growing the next generation of iconic monsters for Gen Z, THE GIRL IN THE WOODS marks another full series adaptation of one of the biggest IPs in Crypt TV’s monster universe.
- THE GIRL IN THE WOODS stars Stefanie Scott (Carrie), Misha Osherovich (Nolan), Sofia Bryant (Tasha), Will Yun Lee as (Arthur Dean), Kylie Liya Page as (Sara), Reed Diamond as (Hosea) and Leonard Roberts as (Khalil).
- Krysten Ritter (“Jessica Jones”) directed the first four episodes, including the pilot and Jacob Chase (“Come Play”) directed the last four episodes. Jane Casey Modderno (“The Birch”) serves as head writer. THE GIRL IN THE WOODS was written by an all-woman writing team.
- The series is based on Crypt TV’s s 2018 short film “The Door in the Woods,” which was written and directed by Joey Greene, and the 2020 sequel “The Girl in the Woods,” written by David Calbert, Van Nguyen and directed by Roxine Helberg.
- THE GIRL IN THE WOODS is produced by Crypt TV. Crypt TV CEO Jack Davis and COO Darren Brandl serve as executive producers. Jane Casey Modderno serves as head writer and co-executive producer. Krysten Ritter serves as director and co-executive producer. Jeremy Elliott and Jasmine Johnson serve as co-executive producers. Jacob Chase serves as director and producer. Joey Greene and Cameron Fuller serve as co-producers.