TREMORS – Limited Edition [4K UHD] [Blu-ray] Coming December 15 from Arrow!
Arrow Video has announced it will be releasing a 4K UHD Limited Edition and Blu-ray release of TREMORS for its 30th anniversary! These special edition discs will be released on December 15th, 2020. Keep reading to get all the special features and specs for the discs down below.
From The Press Release
2020 has been a tough year for us all, leaving many to look forward to 2021. Arrow is looking to send us out on a high note with another stunning lineup of releases. Grab some popcorn, sit back, and start 2021 on the right foot by ending 2020 with some of the year’s best Blu-ray releases.
Arrow brings the month to a close on December 15 with Tremors. Now celebrating its 30th-anniversary, Tremors is the story of a small desert town defending itself against horrible underground creatures. This horror-comedy classic from director Ron Underwood features a star-studded cast that includes Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Michael Gross, and a gun-toting Reba McEntire. Hailed by the Washington Post as “a delightful throwback to such ’50s and ’60s films,” Tremors has spawned a franchise of six additional films, one television series, and it doesn’t appear to have an end in sight. Arrow is bringing Tremors and the graboids to a limited edition Blu-ray, and for the first time, glorious 4K Ultra HD. Watch trailer HERE.
Tremors [Limited Edition]
THE ‘GRABOIDS’ ARE COMING… IN GLORIOUS 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- List Price: $59.95
A pulse-pounding love letter to 1950s creature features that delivers horror and humor in equal measure, Tremors is a bonafide cult classic that has grabbed audiences’ affections ever since its release and spawned a successful franchise that continues to this day.
Good-ol’-boy handymen Val (Kevin Bacon) and Earl (Fred Ward) are sick of their dead-end jobs in one-horse desert town Perfection, Nevada (population: 14). Just as they’re about to escape Perfection forever, however, things start to get really weird: half-eaten corpses litter the road out of town; the phone lines stop working; and a plucky young scientist shows evidence of unusually strong seismic activity in the area. Something is coming for the citizens of Perfection… and it’s under the goddamn ground!
Bursting with indelible characters, quotable dialogue and jaw-dropping special effects, Tremors is back and bigger than ever in this 4K-restored and fully loaded collectors’ edition.
- 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- DISC 1 – FEATURE & EXTRAS (4K UHD BLU-RAY)
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Restored DTS-HD MA original theatrical 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, and remixed 5.1 surround audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Studios interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McIntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
- DISC 2 – INTERVIEWS & SHORT FILMS (BLU-RAY – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)
Leave a Reply