Emma Roberts and her production company Belletrist Productions are bringing the YA vampire story, FIRST KILL, to series at Netflix. The series is adapted from the short story by Victoria “V. E.” Schwab, who serves as show creator, writer, and EP. Roberts will be an EP on the series and star. Get more details on the series down below.
From The Press Release
- Netflix has ordered young adult vampire series First Kill based on the short story by New York Times best-selling author Victoria “V. E.” Schwab, who serves as creator, writer, and executive producer.
- The short story was published in Imprint’s Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite, a collection of short stories about vampires that came out in September.
- Logline: When it’s time for teenage vampire Juliette to make her first kill so she can take her place among a powerful vampire family, she sets her sights on a new girl in town named Calliope. But much to Juliette’s surprise, Calliope is a vampire hunter, from a family of celebrated slayers. Both find that the other won’t be so easy to kill and, unfortunately, way too easy to fall for…
- Episodes: 8 x 60 minutes
- Creator/Writer/Executive Producer: V. E. Schwab
- Showrunner/Writer/Executive Producer: Felicia D. Henderson (The Punisher, Empire, Gossip Girl, Everybody Hates Chris, Soul Food) serves as writer, showrunner, and executive producer.
- Executive Producers: Emma Roberts and Karah Preiss serve as executive producers through Belletrist Productions.