Today there is news on a new premium subscription service called AMC+. The service has a bundle including AMC, Shudder, and IFC Midnight with access to new episodes early, before they air. Get more details on this new service down below.
From The Press Release
*** TUNE-IN ALERT***
LARGEST COLLECTION OF HORROR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION BUNDLE AMC+
OVER 1,000 HOURS OF HORROR CONTENT FROM
AMC, SHUDDER AND IFC MIDNIGHT
Subscribers Have Early Access to All Series in The Walking Dead Universe,
Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2 and the Best Horror Movies and Docs From
IFC Midnight and Shudder, Including Two New Shudder Specials –
The Creepshow Animated Special and Joe Bob’s Halloween Hideaway
New York – October 7, 2020 – For the month of October, AMC+ has the largest collection of scares with more than 1,000 hours of the very best in horror programming from AMC’s annual event, FearFest; Shudder, AMC Networks’ premium streaming service for horror, thrillers and the supernatural; and IFC Midnight’s best genre cinema from independent, foreign and documentary films, all available uncut and uncensored. In addition to the largest slate of classic horror movies such as Friday the 13th and Halloween, AMC+ will include commercial-free, early access to all series within The Walking Dead Universe and AMC’s Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2, new Shudder programming, including Joe Bob’s Halloween Hideaway Special and The Creepshow Animated Special, and much more.
Details for AMC+’s horror offerings are below:
- Subscribers will have access to new episodes of all three series within The Walking Dead Universe, including Season 6 of Fear the Walking Dead every Sunday morning, ahead of the series’ linear premieres that night at 9pm ET/8c, and new episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond every Thursday, ahead of the linear premieres Sundays at 10pm ET/9c. In addition, all episodes of The Walking Dead Season 10 are currently available on AMC+ to stream ad-free.
- Subscribers now have early access to the Season 2 premiere of Eli Roth’s History of Horror ahead of itslinear debut (Saturday, October 10 at 10pm ET/9c). Subsequent episodes will be available on AMC+ every Saturday morning, beginning October 17. This season explores the dark power and wicked fun of scary movies, the craft that went into making them, and the ways that horror films reflect the anxieties of their times. The story is told by Roth and a celebrated cast of writers, directors, actors, cinematographers, composers, and special effects artists, including Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele and many more.
- From AMC’s popular annual event, Fearfest, AMC+ will offer such popular horror films as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Creepshow, Hellraiser, Tremors, The Prophecy, Final Destination, The Amityville Horror, Insidious, From Dusk Till Dawn, Misery, The Exorcist, The Shining and many more.
- In what has become an annual tradition, Shudder’s iconic horror host and exploitation movie expert Joe Bob Briggs returns with a special The Last Drive-In double feature just in time for Halloween, when Joe Bob’s Halloween Hideaway Special debuts October 25 on AMC+. Joe Bob will reveal terrifying movies that are perfect for the scary season.
- Premiering October 29 on AMC+, Shudder’s new one-hour, The Creepshow Animated Special features two stories adapted from Stephen King’s “Survivor Type” and Joe Hill’s “Twittering from the Circus of the Dead” with voices of Kiefer Sutherland (24, Designated Survivor) and Joey King (The Kissing Booth, The Act), respectively. The special is directed by Creepshow showrunner Greg Nicotero and with animation by Octopie animation studio. In “Survivor Type” Sutherland stars as a man determined to stay alive alone on a deserted island no matter what the cost. “Twittering from the Circus of the Dead” stars King as a teen whose family road trip includes a visit to the gravest show on earth.
- Shudder Original films include Scare Me, The Cleansing Hour, The Mortuary Collection and May the Devil Take You Too. And for in-depth backstories on classic horror cinema, fans can check out a variety of docus including Shudder Originals Cursed Films, Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror, and Shudder Exclusives Scream Queen!: My Nightmare on Elm Street, In Search of Darkness, and more.
- Programming from the IFC Midnight catalogue includes Human Centipede, The Babadook, The Autopsy of Jane Doe and Backcountry, and for in-depth backstories on classic horror cinema, fans can check out a variety of docs such as Room 237 and 78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene.
AMC+ is the company’s new premium subscription bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from across AMC Networks’ entertainment networks and a number of the company’s targeted streaming services including Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as Riviera, Creepshow, A Discovery of Witches and Boyhood. Currently available to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV channels, Comcast Xfinity, DISH and Sling TV customers, AMC+ features a continually refreshed new library of commercial-free content, including Mad Men, Killing Eve, Portlandia, The Salisbury Poisonings, Gangs of London, Soulmates and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, among many others.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network’s series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC’s current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and forthcoming 61st Street, Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
AMC Networks’ Shudder is a premium streaming video service, super-serving members with the best selection in genre entertainment, covering horror, thrillers and the supernatural. Shudder’s expanding library of film, TV series, and originals is available on most streaming devices in the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. For a 7-day, risk-free trial, visit www.shudder.com.
About IFC Midnight
Established in 2000 and based in New York City, IFC Films is a leading U.S. distributor of independent film. Its unique distribution model makes independent films available to a national audience by releasing them in theaters as well as on digital and cable’s Video On Demand (VOD) platform, reaching nearly 50 million homes.
Current releases include Egor Abramenko’s Russian sci-fi thriller SPUTNIK, Natalie Erika James’ critically-acclaimed RELIC and Dave Franco’s THE RENTAL. Some of the company’s successes have included Andy Nyman’s critical darling GHOST STORIES, André Øvredal’s box-office success THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE, Peter Strickland’s modern giallo BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO, The Shining conspiracy documentary ROOM 237, Sean Byrne’s THE DEVIL’S CANDY, and the award-winning and cultural phenomenon THE BABADOOK. IFC Midnight is a sister label to IFC Films, and is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.