Scream Factory has detailed their upcoming TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray. The 1990 film based on the 80’s TV series will be available for sale on August 25, 2020. Get all the special features and specs for the disc right here after the break.
From The Press Release
Scream Factory has detailed its upcoming Collector’s Edition of John Harrison’s film Tales from the Darkside (1990), starring Debbie Harry, Christian Slater, William Hickey, James Remar, and Rae Dawn Chong. The release will be available for purchase on August 25.
Synopsis: To keep from being eaten by a modern-day witch (Deborah Harry, Videodrome), a young paperboy weaves three twisted stories to distract her. In “Lot 249,” a vengeful college student (Steve Buscemi, Fargo) resuscitates an evil mummy to teach unsuspecting student bodies (Julianne Moore, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Christian Slater, Mr. Robot) a lesson in terror. Then, “The Cat From Hell” is a furry black feline who cannot be killed … he may have nine lives, but those who cross his path are not so lucky. Finally, in “Lover’s Vow,” a stone gargoyle comes to life … to commit murder. In this classic cult favorite, fear comes in threes.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW Audio Commentary with Co-Producer David R. Kappes
- NEW Tales Behind the Darkside: The Making of Four Ghoulish Fables – a six-chapter, feature-length documentary featuring director John Harrison, producer Mitchell Galin, director of photography Robert Draper, production designer Ruth Ammon, special make-up & creature effects artists Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero, and Howard Berger, creature performer Michael Deak, actors James Remar and Rae Dawn Chong and editor Harry B. Miller
- Audio Commentary with Director John Harrison and Co-Screenwriter George A. Romero
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Stills Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage Compilation
- Optional English subtitles for the main feature