Kino Lorber announced they will be bringing a RAWHEAD REX Steelbook Edition out in time for Halloween on October 13th. The cult classic 1986 film is based on the Clive Barker short story of the same name. It was directed by George Pavlou and stars David Dukes. Get more details on the disc release down here below.
From Kino on Facebook:
Kino Lorber have announced that they will release a SteelBook Edition of George Pavlou’s film Rawhead Rex (1986), starring David Dukes, Kelly Piper, Hugh O’Conor, Niall O’Brien, and Donal McCann. The release will be available for purchase on October 13.
Synopsis: “Rawhead Rex” is a demon, alive for millennia, trapped in the depths of hell, and waiting for release. He is held by an ancient seal, imprisoned for centuries in a barren field near the hamlet of Rathmore, Ireland.
In time, this gruesome legacy has been forgotten, dismissed as an odd pre-Christian myth until Tom Garron decides to plow the field his ancestors knew better than to disturb. The seal is broken and an unspeakable evil is unleashed – on a rampage of blood and lust.
Howard Hallenbeck, an American historian on a working vacation in Ireland, discovers on the stained glass windows of a local church a series of scenes illustrating the reign of terror of Rawhead Rex. But the one piece of glass depicting the defeat of the monster is missing. Howard is desperate for an answer – for Rawhead Rex is on the loose, and he is insatiable!
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 4K RESTORATION from the original camera negative
- Audio Commentary with Director George Pavlou, moderated by Stephen Thrower, the Author of Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents, Murderous Passions; The Delirious Cinema of Jesús Franco and Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
- Interview with Actor Heinrich von Bünau (Rawhead Rex)
- Interview with Actor Ronan Wilmot (Declan O’Brien)
- Interview with SFX/MU Crew Members Gerry Johnston (SFX Supervisor), Peter Mackenzie Litten (SFX Creature Effects), John Schoonraad (SFX Mould Maker) & Rosie Blackmore (Makeup Artist)
- Interview with Cameraman Sean Corcoran
- Interview with Stephen R. Bissette, co-creator of John Constantine, instructor at the Center for Cartoon Studies
- Booklet Essay by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
- Animated Behind-the-Scenes Image Gallery
- I Don’t Believe in the Devil: RAWHEAD REX; A FOLK HORROR? – Booklet Essay by Film Historian Kat Ellingerm
- 5.1 Surround Audio
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature