Veteran NWOBHM group, ANGEL WITCH have dropped the second single from their upcoming new album. “Condemned” was released today from the band’s November 1st full-length, Angel Of Light. Look for the album via Metal Blade Records on that date. You can check out the single right here!
From The Press Release
On November 1st, Angel Witch will release their fifth full-length, Angel of Light, via Metal Blade Records. Angel Witch‘s 1980 eponymous debut on Bronze records created shockwaves that would resonate throughout the nascent realm of thrash, doom and death metal. Now, nearly four decades later, the band remain custodians of a style that transcends era and archetype. For a preview of their upcoming record, Angel of Light, the second single, “Condemned”, can now be heard here:
“Condemned” is also available as a flexi disc for subscribers in the current issue of Deaf Forever Magazine (Germany), out today. Please visit: https://www.deaf-forever.de/ for more information.
The first single, “Don’t Turn Your Back”, can be heard at: metalblade.com/angelwitch – where Angel of Light can also be pre-ordered in the following formats:
– deluxe box set (digipak CD, red/white/black marbled vinyl, 7″, flag, backpatch, art print – limited to 1000 copies)
– 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
– orange / purple marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 666 copies)
– signal orange vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 400 copies)
– light yellow vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– sungaze swirl vinyl (EU Webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
– blue vinyl (High Roller exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– clear vinyl (Band exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
– transparent red vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 700 copies)
– yellow / red marbled vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
* exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!
Angel Witch‘s current line-up is comprised of Kevin Heybourne (vocals, lead guitar), Jimmy Martin (rhythm guitar), Will Palmer (bass), Fredrik Jansson Punkka (drums) – the nucleus of which (Heybourne & Palmer) first formed eleven years ago, delivering 2012’s critically acclaimed album, As Above, So Below. This time around, the band went to the Stationhouse in Leeds (UK) to record Angel of Light with producer James Atkinson (Gentleman’s Pistols/Voorhees). The result is a revelation; Angel Witch is reborn and more powerful than ever, retaining every iota of the melodious finesse and metaphysical intrigue that elevated them above their contemporaries from day one.
Angel Witch comments: “It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a decade since we recorded our last album and it is so exciting for us, personally, to have another record fully finished and in the bag which reflects the passion and chemistry of the line-up we have enjoyed over the last two and a half years.”
Angel of Light track-listing
1. Don’t Turn Your Back
2. Death from Andromeda
3. We Are Damned
4. The Night is Calling
6. Window of Despair
7. I am Infamy
8. Angel of Light
Angel Witch will play four German release shows, a rare chance to see them play small club. Do not miss out!
Oct. 31 – Hamburg, Germany – Knust
Nov. 1 – Mannheim, Germany – 7er Club
Nov. 2 – Berlin, Germany – Cassiopeia
Nov. 3 – Köln, Germany – Helios 37
Angel Witch line-up:
Kevin Heybourne – vocals, lead guitar
Jimmy Martin – rhythm guitar
Will Palmer – bass
Fredrik Jansson Punkka – drums