Monster Week returns to Animal Planet Memorial Day weekend. Fan favorite FINDING BIGFOOT to celebrate its 100th and final episode. Get all the details down below.
From The Press Release
MONSTER WEEK returns to Animal Planet next with all-new expeditions in search of the mysterious and unknown; a monster party packed with all types of monsters, including monsters from the forest, monsters from far way islands and monsters from the deep. The week-long celebration will unlock mysteries about animals and creatures rumored to exist, using new technologies, experts, the latest findings and people engaging like never before. MONSTER WEEK will feature a trio of hosts – Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords, Jumanji), Dan Schreiber and Buttons – from popular podcast The Cryptid Factor, who will add their expert insight and humor as they celebrate all things cryptid.
MONSTER WEEK premieres Sunday, May 27 at 8PM ET/PT.
Finding Bigfoot will kick off MONSTER WEEK with its 100th episode! The two-hour special features our intrepid cast of investigators – Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James “Bobo” Fay and Cliff Barackman and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland – as they travel to the 50th anniversary celebration of the Patterson Gimlin film, often referred to as the holy grail of Bigfoot footage and the most famous piece of evidence ever recorded. Cutting-edge technology brings forth all-new details of the creature captured on this film and leaves our investigators more convinced than ever about its autheticity. Then, go behind the scenes with the Finding Bigfoot investigators and crew to celebrate 100 episodes of Finding Bigfoot. With more than nine years and 100 episodes to look back on, it’s a fun-filled hour with never seen footage of the investigators and crew, in addition to the very best moments of Finding Bigfoot.
The full MONSTER WEEK line-up includes all-new episodes of World’s Scariest Animal Attacks, Deadliest Place on Earth, River Monsters, and Expedition Unknown as well as new specials such as:
· Finding Bigfoot: The team of investigators returns for the 100th episode! In a two-hour MONSTER WEEK special, the team travels to Willow Creek California to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the most famous piece of Bigfoot footage, the Patterson Gimlin film. The discovery of a new copy of the film brings forth the biggest Bigfoot discovery in decades, showing the clearest image of the creature in 50 years. Immediately following is a one-hour special that features the Finding Bigfoot investigators and crew as they share their own stories and experiences together which spans a decade.
(Sunday, May 27 at 8PM ET/PT)
· The Lost Kingdom of The Yeti: From the Bhutanese wilderness, scientist and yeti-hunter Mark Evans hears fresh reports of repeated sightings and mysterious prints in the snow. Taking into consideration recent developments in DNA-science that could allow the creature responsible to be identified, Mark mounts a considerable expedition into the Himalayas and takes his search for the Yeti further than ever before. With inspired believers, a medical disaster, a forbidden mountain and a privileged appointment with royalty, this is an epic MONSTER WEEK adventure.
(Monday. May 28 at 8PM ET/PT)
· Weird, True & Freaky: These are the scariest, most unbelievable animal encounters from across the globe caught on video! Whether attacking from above, or emerging from the depths, prepare to witness nature’s most terrifying confrontations gone awry. And things get even more shocking – bizarre, alien-like beings prove that in the animal kingdom, anything is possible. We’re counting down the top 10 most eye-popping moments caught on video.
(Airing all week at 10PM ET/PT starting Monday, May 28)
· Monsters of The Abyss (wt): Richie Kohler and Evan Kovacs are deep ocean technical divers and marine investigators on the hunt for sea monsters in the British Isles. They are drawn to the North Channel by the recent discovery of a German U-boat wreck that may be the legendary UB-85, long-rumored to have been attacked by a sea monster in the waning days of WW1. Along the way, they travel to Scotland to meet recent eyewitnesses to the most legendary sea monster of all – the Loch Ness Monster, and to investigate any possible links between “Nessie” and the beast that may have attacked UB-85.
(Tuesday, May 29 at 8PM ET/PT)
· Fear Island: Veteran wildlife conservationist Bradley Trevor Grieve leads an elite team into uncharted Alaskan wilderness in search of Grandfather – a bear locals believe is the largest to ever roam the earth. To prove the massive predator’s existence, the team will rely on ancient indigenous tracking techniques to obtain DNA and video evidence of the beast. But as they track it deeper into its deadly domain – an island with the densest concentration of bears on the planet – they realize that their greatest challenge will be surviving the expedition.
(Sunday, June 3 at 8PM ET/PT)